Feature wish list (to express support for any of these features, email firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Add status bar to CPaperCutView
- Add 3D view
- Implement convex hull - The current page-fitting algorithm generates overlaps
when there are a large number of pieces per page. Calculating the convex hull
of each piece would eliminate this problem.
- Use knapsack fitting for pages - The current page-fitting algorithm uses
a brute-force iterative rotation technique which is reasonably effective but
slow. Slowness is noticeable especially when there are more than 500 faces
- Allow right-click editing of face text and positioning / cropping of bitmaps
- Specify resources in shape file
- Allow text files to be specified as a resource and wrapped across adjoining
- Support in-place activation and editing via COM
- Export to .gif, .jpg or .png
- Export to .pdf
- Import 3d drawing files
- Add 5v geodesic breakdown
- Add triacon geodesic breakdown
- Support elliptical geodesic solids
- Allow arbitrary geodesic breakdowns (type I or type II)
- Allow an image to be centered on a face and spread over to adjoining faces
- Add toolbox with stamp (one-click placement of an image) and paint bucket
- Add wizard mode for shape creation
- Convert help to chm (compiled html)
- Improve user interface - the usability is abysmal. There needs to be a "wizard
mode" that helps you get started with some basic cool things.
- Select vertex as "north pole" and calculate facial orientation.
This works for text but not images...